Thursday, March 6, 2008

Keeping up with poop

It never ceases to amaze me how much kids poop and pee. Sorry, this blog is not for the fainthearted or the politically correct. Look away now if you don't want to hear all this. Okay, that was my disclaimer. Jack woke up crying this morning, and so I got his bottle ready and the whole time I was feeding him I kept smelling this horrible smell. So, I unzipped his pajamas to change his diaper and he has poop all over his body. Up his back - even in his armpits! So, I threw him in the bathtub and cleaned him up. Right after I put clean clothes on him, I smell it again. Yes, another poopy one. So, changed him again. Then, we went upstairs to get Abby up and guess what? She had pee all over her jammies and her bedspread. So, I'm changing her and then I smell something horrible again. I looked over and Jack had pooped through his diaper onto the crib sheets. I'm thinking, do we have any clean bedding left in this house? Changed Abby, changed Jack, changed crib sheets, changed Abby's bedspread, changed Jack's bedspread. We all go downstairs, and no sooner does Jack lay down to play with toys, that we smell that familiar smell again. 4th change of clothes.

Maybe tomorrow I'll just let them go naked. We don't have any more clean clothes anyway.

~Theresa

1 comment:

The Princess said...

Talk about a colon cleansing...hopefully Jack is finshed for awhile!