Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Adventures in Potty Training

So, it's not as easy as I thought. My hat's off to all parents everywhere who have gone through potty training boot camp. Why is it so hard to just sit down and go? Why is it so much easier to sit for 10 minutes and then go once you get the pull-up back on? Why do kids have to go all the time except when they're sitting on the potty chair? The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind...

Sometimes I feel like I have more than just two children. Every time I need to change Jack's diaper, Abby runs over with her Lamby, and says "poo-poo", which means that Lamby needs a diaper change too. So we change Jack and Lamby. Then, if Jack needs a change of clothes then Lamby does too. If Jack needs a bottle - you get the picture. Lamby is our third child, and seems to be just as needy as the other ones. But that's only the half of it. Sometimes Molly the dolly needs to go in the swing. And then Diego the bear needs to sit in the high chair. And of course Mulligan the monkey has to go in the stroller and Pablo the bird has to lay on the mat. All at the same time that Jack needs to do so as well. Funny coincidence isn't it? So, I think I'm up to about 7 or 8 children by the time the day is done. And Bryan wonders why I'm so tired when he comes home...

~Theresa

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I would like to say that it gets easier but....

The Princess said...

So funny! We are currently in the wonderful world of horses. "Cupcake" (the 3 foot tall pink horse) goes everywhere with us: to the park, down the slide, in the car, on walks - only Cupcake's legs don't actually move, so Evalin walks and mom drags Cupcake or carries her! Fun times:)