Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Abby the Con-Artist

You know, I have to give Abigail credit for being pretty smart when it comes to figuring things out to her advantage. A little background: sometimes Abby will announce that her "tummy is hurting" and that usually means she is really, really full or that she needs to poop. Well, today we were having lunch, and she was supposed to finish at least half of her sandwich before she could have any chips. Pretty soon she announces that "my tummy is really hurting" and so I told her that maybe she was too full to finish her sandwich. I checked how much she had eaten and told her she could be done. Couple seconds later she comes running into the kitchen with a big smile on her face and said, "That means I can have some chips!" I started laughing and told her that if she didn't have room for her sandwich then she didn't have room for chips. I could see her processing that one in her mind and about 10 seconds later she came back and said, "My tummy is no hurting anymore!" "What about your sandwich?" I inquired. "My tummy no has room for sandwich - just room for chips."
So, yeah, I gave her the chips. What else could I do against such logic? :)

No comments: